looking for Elastic plastic foil

Hi all,

Years ago I received some computerparts (a Dell flatscreen) that were packed in a special kind of plastic foil. This foil would be perfect for some other job. But I can't find it nowhere, I don't know the name or type or brand. . If anyone can help me, then I'd be obliged.

It is a thin, transparent plastic foil with the particularity that it is very, very elastic and extremely strong. It can be streched to at least

2-3 times its length without tearing. In fact, tearing it is impossible. After being stretched, it takes its original shapes back again. It can be folded, rolled and does not wrinkle. It is hardly sensible to cold, so at low temperatures it stays very soft and elastic.

I believe - but not sure! - that is some kind of PVC because it can be glued with soft PVC glue.

In fact, it looks a bit like certain kind of transparent PC's that you find in inflatable child toys like boats. But much more elastic, less sensible to cold.

PS: It is not shrink-foil, I know that stuff.

TIA !!

Reply to
Paul D B

this should read: "like certain kind of transparent PVC's "

Reply to
Paul D B

I think this is an available packing material - try Uline or other packing houses. I did real quick and found A/S film on a roll that is PE/Al/PET laminated film. PE and PET are pretty tough and might be OK at low temps if formulated for such.

It won't be exotic if it goes on a consumer product...

Cheers

Paul D B wrote:

Reply to
longleyguy

Hi, thanks for the lead, I've studied the Uline catalogue inside out but I don't think this is the stuff I'm looking for. The A/S film does not seem that elastic. Again, this foil is nearly as elastic as a rubber condom :-) but it is crystal clear and definitely not rubber but plastic. Maybe I should send a sample to some plastic packaging company and ask for their opinion.

Reply to
Paul D B

I have some PU (heh) elastic bands (clear and black hair ties) that fit that description.

Reply to
Autymn D. C.

Thanks, you've put me on the right track! It is indeed PU film, like used here:

Paul D B