Resistance of transition metals to alkaline solutions

Does anyone here know a good reference for the alkali resistance of various metals? I wanted to use a thin cobalt film in an optoelectronic device, but the cobalt corroded away completely in the resist developer, so I need a substitute.

The developer is ~0.2 molar TMAH (tetramethylammonium hydroxide).

There are some constraints on the work function, otherwise I'd just use nickel, which I know works.

Thanks,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Just had a look at my ancient copy of N V Sidgwick's "Chemical Elements and their Compounds" which suggests considerable affinity between trivalent Cobalt and ammonia in various substituted forms.

Have you tried looking at a textbook on the subject of Inorganic Chemistry?

Reply to
Terry Harper