Aluminium vs alkaline

Will alkaline cause AL to corrode. If so why do they keep selling part washers and recommend alkaline cleaners, I know it's primarily because of
the soils to be removed be if there is a chance that it will cause corrosion and most a/c part are made of it why take the chance. What would be a safe ph level, since most are mixed with water and we know water will evaporate in these heated part cleaners that do not recommend doing a ph check prior to putting parts in them. Is there a list of what type of cleaner should be used with what metal because I don't think the label safe for all metals really is correct, there to many metals that react differently to different chemicals for that to apply to all metals