Aluminium vs alkaline

Will alkaline cause AL to corrode. If so why do they keep selling part washers and recommend alkaline cleaners, I know it's primarily because of the soils to be removed be if there is a chance that it will cause corrosion and most a/c part are made of it why take the chance. What would be a safe ph level, since most are mixed with water and we know water will evaporate in these heated part cleaners that do not recommend doing a ph check prior to putting parts in them. Is there a list of what type of cleaner should be used with what metal because I don't think the label safe for all metals really is correct, there to many metals that react differently to different chemicals for that to apply to all metals

Thanks

Reply to
tfagan