materials under a microscope

Hello Sci.materials,

I thought you might enjoy some pictures I snapped off from my microscope eyepiece

-Scott

Reply to
aSkeptic

you need MORE POWER!! AR..AR..AR

Dr. K

Reply to
William Kaukler

LOL

Actually I've been getting the best results from the lowest setting on my microscope. Depth of field really kills 3d object observation under a microscope like mine. Would a 5 foot tall focal point allow for a better DOF? What would be the ultimate optical microscope.. like the hubble telescope is to the ___ microscope?

Reply to
aSkeptic

You should look at places where micromineralogists (micromounters) show and explain their stunts. They achieve extraordinary depths of field. J.J.

Reply to
jacques jedwab

Interesting! thanks for the tip

Reply to
aSkeptic

For large depths of field look at Combine Z 4.4

it combines multiple images taken a different levels into on in focus image.

Good luck

Reply to
Gordon Couger

That's a cool concept. I thought of blending focus points together, nice to see someone actually does it!

Reply to
aSkeptic