materials under a microscope

Hello Sci.materials,
I thought you might enjoy some pictures I snapped off from my microscope eyepiece
http://www.ohiovr.com/microscope/Page.html
-Scott
you need MORE POWER!! AR..AR..AR
Dr. K

eyepiece
LOL
Actually I've been getting the best results from the lowest setting on my microscope. Depth of field really kills 3d object observation under a microscope like mine. Would a 5 foot tall focal point allow for a better DOF? What would be the ultimate optical microscope.. like the hubble telescope is to the ___ microscope?

snipped-for-privacy@yannitell.com (aSkeptic) wrote:

You should look at places where micromineralogists (micromounters) show and explain their stunts. They achieve extraordinary depths of field. J.J.
snipped-for-privacy@ulb.ac.be (jacques jedwab) wrote in message (aSkeptic) wrote:

Interesting! thanks for the tip
For large depths of field look at Combine Z 4.4 http://www.hadleyweb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/CZ4Docs/combinez_4.htm it combines multiple images taken a different levels into on in focus image.
Good luck
--
Gordon
Gordon Couger snipped-for-privacy@couger.com

That's a cool concept. I thought of blending focus points together, nice to see someone actually does it!