mosquito proof suit for summer heat

I have made some progress in pinning down the ideal mosquito proof suit for hot summer days and nights.

Last I wrote on this was to say that a combination of cotton shorts with long sleeve cotton T-shirt and cotton wide brim hat covered over with mosquito netting jacket and pants. The cotton to stay cool and provide some distance layer so the mosquitos had a hard time of finding where the netting was touching the skin. However, that did not work great because too many bites where the netting plus cotton or netting alone were too close to the skin and especially around the ankles. Mosquitoes easily penetrate through cotton and the netting was too close to the cotton around the ankles.

My newest solution has only a cotton shorts and double cotton baseball hats and cotton socks. But no shirt. I put on 3 different mosquito netting shirts and actually it is cooler than 1 cotton shirt plus netting. And I put on

2 netting pants. In this new configuration, the distance that the 3 netting shirts provide is a large enough distance that the proboscis of most of the mosquito species is unable to negotiate. Even when the three layers are tightly wrapped on the skin, the distance to the skin is too much for the mosquito proboscis. And these 3 layers are actually very cool because every breeze is felt. The only problem is whether the 3 layers can keep the sun from burning my body which the white cotton T-shirt prevented. Earlier this summer I tried wearing no shirt but just one netting shirt and the Sun went straight through it giving me almost a sunburn.

Now I wonder with our modern technology whether a cotton netting is possible and mosquito proof??

Archimedes Plutonium whole entire Universe is just one big atom where dots of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies

Reply to
Archimedes Plutonium

Please post us a photo of yourself in this outfit. I'm sure we could all use a laugh ;) Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo