Re: AGMA gear quality equivalent in China

Corey,
you have many options. The first is to work with a reliable, long term manufacturer, with whom you have a partnership, and see how the gear can be
reduced in cost. Use Dr.Demings philosophy. The advantages of buying from someone in your town, state or country are many. This is besides keeping jobs for your friends and neighbors. The big advantage is the ability to work with the supplier to get a better, more consistent, and yes a bit cheaper product. Less shipping costs, less shipping delays, less language barriers.
I have seen many quality problems with Chinese goods. Do you want your product to be associated with a Quality one, or a cheap low quality junk?
China is a special case, they are still a [politically] communist dictatorship. Workers have no access to unions, no freedoms. It is like slave labor. Buying a Honda or Mitutoyo instrument is different, there American workers are at least cometing with people not enslaved by a dictatorship with WMA.
Latelsy our governemtn has been selling the American economy out to the Chinese, even Clinton authorized transfer of satilite launc technology.
Wake up, America will not be a free powerful country if we lose our manufacturing base.
Remeber, the lowest price is not always the lowest cost. -Jay entr0pyf0e