production process of tartaric acid

I operate a textile processing mill. where dyeing, printing, processing and finishing of man made textile fibres is done.
For this processing tartaric acid is used in large quantities. I want to know the manufacturing process of tartaric acid. I am a Chemical Engineer and associated with the textile industry since 3 years. please advice me with the best information available with you. Also suggest me some characteristic use of tartaric acid. My email id is m snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com. & snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Thanks in advance. From, Mayank.
Tartaric acid is a natural byproduct of wine production. If you want large quantities contact large wineries.
Mark 'Sporky' Stapleton Watermark Design, LLC www.h2omarkdesign.com