Re: salt-CFC-variant,or, an Oilfilm Re: CFC-variant that reverses Global Warming;

This Oilfilm is intriguing to explore. Anyone remember the name of the oilfilm

on swimming pools that one drop would cover the entire surface. And whether this "spreading out" has a name to it. I suppose it is due to hydrogen bonds that it spreads out so easily.

So the quest would be to find a molecule that will spread out once it is put into the upper atmosphere. And so we would need some sort of surface for the film to spread out upon (analog of the swimming pool water surface). Is there something in the great layers of the atmosphere that would act as a swimming pool water surface for this Oilfilm to cover??

Then again, we may not need a surface but that some Oilfilm will spread out like a fine sheet if given the opportunity, but I suspect that is just wishful

thinking.

Has anyone calculated the fineness in grains of salt placed in the upper atmosphere that would stay there and serve to reflect sunlight and cool the Earth? Salt is not an Oilfilm but salt is a guaranteed success as a coolant. And also, perhaps salt placed in the Upper Atmosphere can be made to stay put by then applying an Oilfilm. So we have a combination of materials to make EarthAirConditioner. We first add salt to the Upper Atmosphere and to make this salt stay put instead of raining down on Earth, we add an OilFilm

that interlocks the salt crystals and serves as a frame for the Oilfilm. And both the oilfilm and salt crystals then reflect the desired amount of Sunlight so as to keep Earth cool.

Archimedes Plutonium, a snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com whole entire Universe is just one big atom where dots of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies

Reply to
Archimedes Plutonium

And in the very very distant future, once we have had success with various EarthAirConditioners of whatever compounds, molecules and mixtures of molecules. I envision a day when this EarthAirConditioner can be made a thin oilfilm that is polarized and will block out harmful rays and can even be adjusted by the flicking of some switch here on Earth so as to give us a few days of frost in the middle of summer and kill all the mosquitoes on Earth. I see alot of fine-tuning of an EarthAirConditioner in the far future.

But we have to install the first one, and the sooner the better.