Reshaping Flexon memory metal spectacle frames?

Are these adjustable at all? I tried to bend the ear hook but of course it goes back to the original shape.

Google turned up a small number of pages with useful information indicating that it's a Ti based memory metal, but I'm still not sure if I need to heat or cool the metal before it can be bent into a new shape. I'm basically limited to -18 deg Celsius for the lowest temperature and I doubt the plastic coating will survive above 110 deg.

If I just apply more and more force at room temperature will it take a new shape or just snap?

Mike B

I don't believe there is any useful heat treatment you can apply, and they will snap if you try to deform them past their yield point.

I think these frames may be adjusted at places on the frame made of another material.

Reply to
Mark Thorson