Tasty, Sweet Beryllium

Ok, I know beryllium is not your bestest friend to work with in a metal shop - it's got a whole syndrome named after it - but are bulk beryllium components poisonous through bare skin contact?

Reply to
Mike Miller

You may wear emerald jewels, even as necklaces. J.J.

Reply to
jacques jedwab

Emerald isn't beryllium (the elemental metal), it's beryl (a silicate containing beryllium).

Mike Miller

Reply to
Mike Miller

And the blue version of Beryl ( or aquamarine as I think it is called ) contains scandium.

Sorry, just had to mention scandium again :-)

Tim Worstall

Reply to
Tim Worstall