Tasty, Sweet Beryllium

Ok, I know beryllium is not your bestest friend to work with in a metal shop - it's got a whole syndrome named after it - but are bulk
beryllium components poisonous through bare skin contact?
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Mike Miller) wrote:

You may wear emerald jewels, even as necklaces. J.J.
snipped-for-privacy@ulb.ac.be (jacques jedwab) wrote in message (Mike Miller) wrote:

Emerald isn't beryllium (the elemental metal), it's beryl (a silicate containing beryllium).
Mike Miller
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Mike Miller) wrote in message (Mike Miller) wrote:

And the blue version of Beryl ( or aquamarine as I think it is called ) contains scandium.
Sorry, just had to mention scandium again :-)
Tim Worstall