Thermal conductivity of fibers

Has anbody ever measured the thermal conductivity of a fiber material? If yes, what kind of equipment have you used?

Reply to
slpammi

I am trying to measure the thermal conductivity of fiber materials (mats or individual fibers). Any kind of information on the equipment or the method used to determine the thermal properties of these materilas is needed.

Reply to
slpammi

You might find what you need in ASTM D2214 procedure. I used it for many years determining TC of asbestos and non-asbestos composites . . . and brake lining composites.

Caution - it does NOT do well with high conductivity materials.

Carl Sachs

slpammi wrote:

Reply to
cwsachs.dejazzd.com