Thermal conductivity of fibers

Has anbody ever measured the thermal conductivity of a fiber material?
If yes, what kind of equipment have you used?
Reply to
slpammi
I am trying to measure the thermal conductivity of fiber materials (mats or individual fibers). Any kind of information on the equipment or the method used to determine the thermal properties of these materilas is needed.
Reply to
slpammi
Thermal conductivity of composite panels is commonly measured. If you make a composite panel (resin/fiber) and know the thermal conductivity of the resin & fiber volume fraction, you can calculate the TC of the fiber. The fiber orientation (random, long. unidirectional, etc) will affect the results. Carbon fiber manufacturers report thermal conductivity for some of their products, maybe their web sites will provide a test method reference.
slpammi wrote:
Reply to
dug
You might find what you need in ASTM D2214 procedure. I used it for many years determining TC of asbestos and non-asbestos composites . . . and brake lining composites.
Caution - it does NOT do well with high conductivity materials.
Carl Sachs
slpammi wrote:
Reply to
cwsachs.dejazzd.com