Mylar Has Infinite Thermal Conductivity -- Denier

You know of some definition agreed upon by scholarly types at ASME or NAE?

You think mylar has infinite thermal conductivity?
Bret Cahill
Dear Bret Cahill:
On Saturday, July 14, 2012 11:57:28 AM UTC-7, Bret Cahill wrote:

The heat shield on an exhaust system is metal. It is a conductor, and it also is not a blanket.
Mylar "blankets" provide an intermediate heat transfer surface, one with very low absorptivity (if they have the metal film coating). The also stop forced convection from reaching across the "blanket". The only thing they do not do particularly well is provide a high resistance to conduction.
Two out of three heat transfer methods getting a nod, is pretty good.
David A. Smith

You know of some definition agreed upon by scholarly types at ASME or NAE?

You think mylar has infinite thermal conductivity?
Bret Cahill

Are we talking about the so-called "Space Blankets"?
They are useful for reflecting heat not because they're made of mylar. It's the thin film of aluminum that does the heat-reflecting. Mylar is used because it's very tear-resistant.
Mark L. "sorry if I gave the game away too soon" Fergerson
On 7/17/2012 2:19 AM, snipped-for-privacy@bid.nes wrote:

Don't worry about Bret. He is just having a semantic attack over the word "blanket". He's now trying to "prove" that a copper plate is a "blanket".

You dodged the question.
Here, try again:
You think mylar has infinite thermal conductivity?
This time no dodgin' 'n dodgin'
On 7/17/2012 9:34 PM, Bret Cahill wrote:

And you think a copper plate is a "blanket"?
You really don't care how much you embarrass yourself in public, do you?

You think copper has infinite thermal conductivity?
You think mylar has infinite thermal conductivity?
This time no dodgin' 'n dodgin'

I noticed the wrong question appeared to be asked.

Certainly not. Mylar's thermal properties are pretty much irrelevant to how Space Blankets work.
Perhaps it would help if you didn't post the middle of a thread from another group into sci.physics. I have no idea who you were questioning, or what went before.
Mark L. Fergerson