what steels are used in for shock absorbers?

what sort of steel alloys are often used in the manufacture of a twin-tube shock absorber for a truck? I'm doing a mechatronics design project at uni
where we have to design a semi-active suspension system for a truck and we're just completing the mechanical design component. I've chosen a AISI 4150 steel just because it sounded like a good number :P so I thought I should find out from someone who knows about this stuff. Thanks!!!!!
prasanna
ochulus wrote:

Think! What kind of properties are useful for a shock absorber?
Michael Dahms