Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Ratcheting/Shakedown
Dear friends I wonder if anyone has seen an exprimental data on Load Controled loading that has resulted in shakedown of the memeber, if you did please address your source. Thank you in advance for...

meaning of pressure release boundary condiiton
hi all Lets say we have a acoustical waveguide (rectangular) with a harmonic point source on left. Top and bottom boundaries with pressure release boundary. Right most boundary as radiation boundary....

question about contact mechanics
Hello, everyone, I have a contact mechanics problem to solve. The problem is a thin rod (flexible rod) needs to navigate a rigid 3D tube (e. g, endovascular vessel). A large deformation and small...

working mechanism
please can anyone explain me working of automatic transmission or give a suitable link for the same.
1
1

plane stress
ppl in a plane stress problem, it is assumed that perpendicular to the plane shear stress and normal stress is zero. but due to the strain in directions parallel to the plane , there must be a strain...

Duhring diagram? Mollier diagram?
seek tutorials which develop the Duhring chart from first principles. The ones I've seen, leave me confused. Same with the Mollier chart.
1
1

Undershot Paddlewheel Design.
Does anyone know of any good engineering text books, or current research papers on the design of efficient undershot paddlewheels? All of the research died when Tesla made electric motors practical,...
2
2

Which is more advanced in mech? USA or Germany?
Whether USA is better at mech or Germany, thanks in advance
11
11

Beyond batteries: Storing power in a sheet of paper
Researchers turn everyday paper into resilient, rechargeable energy storage device at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute have developed a new energy storage device that easily could be mistaken for a...

discontinuity in displacement?
Dear mech community, I just had an argument in linear beam theory concerning the displacement of a beam with punctual momentum load under consideration of shear stresses. I claim a discontinuity of...
3
3

Mechanical Engineer position with Great Firm in Tulsa, Oklahoma
Hi, I am a consultant with a leading management consulting firm that serves the engineering industry. We are assisting a successful MEP firm in Tulsa, Oklahoma. If you are interested, please contact...

MyGeoTools - Build your own AutoCAD productivity toolkit
******** M y G e o T o o l s ********* Build your own personal productivity tool-kit for AutoCAD. MyGeoTools is a low-cost, high-quality AutoCAD tool-kit for you, perhaps the only one of its kind you...

entropy = "specific waste heat" ?
if I start thinking of "entropy" as really being "specific waste heat" (unharvestable energy per degree temperature), am I in any way oversimplifying, or misunderstanding the term?
1
1

variable compression ratio engines
i want to know what are the various mechanisms presently used for the same. please provide drawings if possible. and also designs where the head may not be altered but adjustment could be done by...
1
1

Control Systems Engg PE Exam Review Course - Aug 11, 2007
Control Systems Engineering PE Exam Review Course Begins on Saturday, August 11, 2007 Fountain Valley, California If you are planning to take the PE Exam in Control Systems Engineering this October or...