Ansys - Patran cooperation

Hi!

I've got a project where geometry and mesh had been done in Ansys, while client wishes to do the calculations in Patran. Is there any way of sending all the data (or at least geometry, mesh and properties) from Ansys to Patran?? I know that it's sick... but heck - my client is my master.

Best regards, Pyriel

Reply to
Pyriel

I used to work (YEARS ago) at the company that developed Patran...

I followed the company progress & Patran dev....

one of their major selling points was interoperability ....I quick call to them would answer your question.

But I'm sure the answer is YES.

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

I used to work (YEARS ago) at the company that developed Patran...

I followed the company progress & Patran dev....

one of their major selling points was interoperability ....I quick call to them would answer your question.

But I'm sure the answer is YES.

cheers Bob

I forgot to mention that the more "normal" way of using Patran is the pre & post processor....so your client is actually asking you to do this process "backwards".

Reply to
BobK207

It's been awhile since I used it but my thoughts are:

1) it's a program that hasn't been maintained or updated much recently. It might read older ansys files, but I doubt it would read anything more recent than ansys 6 or 7.

2) what kind of calculations are you doing? The way I remember it was that patran was strictly pre-processing and post-processing and all of the actual work was done in separate programs (such as NASTRAN, LS- DYNA, or even ANSYS).

reply to daniel dot kiracofe gmail

Reply to
Daniel Kiracofe