Best way to network

Just curious to see what everyone considered to be acceptable ways of networking in the engineering profession? Especially for an entry level mech. engineer who just relocated to a new city with no job. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
KDunn

Dear KDunn:

Have you taken the EIT/FE exam? All PEs are required to register with the state (assuming you are in the USA). If your bent is towards piping and ductwork, HVAC and such, I'd get the public listing and send snail mail introducing yourself and indicating you will call on a particular day. Be sure you have an answering machine that *works*.

I'll be interested what others have to say as well...

David A. Smith

Reply to
dlzc1.cox

I am a member of several professional organizations and attend the monthly functions and sometimes volunteer to serve on committees.

Sincerely,

Donald L. Phillips, Jr., P.E. Worthington Engineering, Inc.

145 Greenglade Avenue Worthington, OH 43085-2264

snipped-for-privacy@worthingtonNSengineering.com (remove NS to use the address)

614.937.0463 voice 208.975.1011 fax

Don Phillips

I have passed the FE exam in Michigan, and currently living in San Diego, so I will take your advice and try to contact the firms that are registered. Thanks for your response.

Reply to
KDunn