Bicycle Engineers and Fabricators?

Are there any Bicycle Engineers or fabricators here? I have some questions...

Thanks ahead of time!

Reply to
Number 9

I have made a railroad cycle so I suppose I qualify?

Brian Whatcott altus OK

Reply to
Brian Whatcott

I wanted to know how to get started into bicycle making, etc. Books? Information? Where did you start?

Thanks

Reply to
Number 9

There are some fabricators that contribute to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent who might be able to help. You don't have to mention what you're building.

Hth, Fred Klingener

Reply to
Fred Klingener

Thanks, I'll try there as well!

Reply to
Number 9

I expect you'd want to make a frame, so brazing (traditional) or TIG welding skills would be helpful.

There ARE foilks who have been to England to apprentice in a bike making shop. That would help with the mechanical skills.

But I suspect you could find a custom bike shop closer to home who could use the help. (where are you?)

If you have all the manual skills, there are books around, but I can't recommend one in particular.

Good luck

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

Reply to
Brian Whatcott

Good advice, I'll definitly give that a try!

Reply to
Number 9