Ceramic material data?

Hi,

I am looking for some data between ceramic material Si3N4 & Zirconium. I am mainly interested of caracteristic versus temperature.

If you have any data or link? Cheers, Philippe

Reply to
Guerin Philippe

Philippe I just did a search on Si3N4 zirconium properties.

I came up with the above websites that may pertain to what your looking for. There are some pay sites for technical information. The best thing to do is talk to vendors who supply the ceramics. They will have material data sheets.

Best Regards, Daniel

Reply to
Daniel Lee

Ultra High Temperature Ceramics Assessed For Reusable Propulsion Applications: An assessment of zirconium diboride based ultra high temperature ceramics (UHTC) for a reusable propulsion application was completed. Silicon nitride was used as a reference material. The study determined that the UHTC have oxidation rates 3 to 4 orders of magnitude greater than Si3N4, and thermal shock resistance significantly less than Si3N4. Thus zirconium diboride and similar hafnium diboride UHTCs are not suitable for reusable propulsion applications. Studies are continuing to improve the oxidation resistance of UHTC materials. (Stan Levine, Beth Opila (5160), Mike Halbig, Doug Kiser, Jay Singh, and Jon Salem, (5920))

Found this on one of the links in my search right after my last post.

I am sure there is more but this is simple enough to search for:).

Best Regards, Daniel

Reply to
Daniel Lee

Thanks a lot for the information. I will look at it very carefully,

Cheers, Philippe

"Daniel Lee" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Guerin Philippe

You could also look at:

some work carried out at University of Dayton (Ohio) for DoE few years ago. Several silicon nitrides were characterized.

Cheers!

Gilles

Guer>Thanks a lot for the information.

Reply to