Advice needed for choosing materials

I'd like to get some advice for transparent material,
they need to be machinable(I need to drill some small holes) and also
hard(modulus should be > 20GPa).
I have tried some plastics but they are not stiff enough, and I am
afraid that general glass is too brittle. since later I need to apply
some force on it(about 20MPa).
Thanks!
Reply to
Henry
Ha, it seems that "Transparent aluminum" has been invented, though it is not available in the market...
Reply to
Henry

Site Timeline