Chemically Resistant Clear Guarding

I am looking to source a material to guard machinery that is resistant
to chemical cleaning though remains fully tansparent, toughened glass
can not be considered due to the nature of the guarding and a degree
of flexibility required.
The cleaning chemical is Sericol & also IPA.
Any thoughts??
Ben
Reply to
Ben
Xylex is very chemical resistant, and is tougher than polycarbonate (lexan). It resists gasoline, alcohol, bleach, and many hospital cleaning agents.
Reply to
ms
messagenews:4v_%h.227221$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe15.phx...
Thanks for the advice, I will look to source a sample
Reply to
Ben
Dear Ben:
Can the guard be glass attached to opaque-but-flexible elements? Is there any flexibility in the design, so that less exotic materials can be used...
David A. Smith
Reply to
dlzc
Not familiar with Sericol & haven't tried alcohol, but I did make a wrap round windshield for a horse trailer recently, that used the thickest transparent Vinyl sheet I could find. This chart... ...suggests that any of the alcohols at less than 90 F are OK with it.
Given that a test sample holds up to the cleaners, a triple sheet of this stuff might prove suitable for the purpose. It does have the virtue of cheapness.
Brian Whatcott Altus OK
Reply to
Brian Whatcott
Xylex is from GE. Should be fairly easy to get from GE directly or a distributor.

ms

Site Timeline