Fabricating the ultimate baseball bat

Hello and thanks for checking out my posting - i am reposting this message.

I am doing research for an engineering type project and want to test the rule why there are no corked or aluminum bats allowed in game play. I plan to study if the ball really goes further with a corked / metal bat.

Here's my question to the forum:

What material would be best for the Ultimate (and illegal for play) Bat. Aside from any material that is fit for NASA or is radioactive - what commonly available material or manipulation (like corking) would work best?

I plan to actually test this theory in a stadium for part of a demonstration. If you have the knowledge and skills to put this together, let's talk about the possibility of appearing on an upcoming FSN program.

thanks - E

Reply to
eric

The "why" is because it is believed to give an unfair advantage.

It travels about 0.9 mph faster.

fails after about the third use.

That should be your project, then.

- the world's first composite material, cellulose fiber in an epoxy matrix (aka: wood")

- aluminum

- graphite epoxy composite.

I am not photogenic, and have a full time job.

David A. Smith

Reply to
dlzc

amorphous metal or metallic glass