Finding Direction Cosines with ANSYS

Hi All: I need to find the local normals in a rather complicated FEA mesh (shell elements). I talked to the guys at ANSYS and they said I need to write a macro to do this. Anyone do this recently? The macro will supposedly give Euler angles but they need to be transformed to direction cosines for my use.

Robert

Reply to
Finite Guy

Why not apply a unit pressure load, and look at the resulting load vector (which must then be normalized at each point)?

Reply to
Gordo

Thanks, Good Idea, I think I''l try it.

Reply to