FEA software / JL

I am attempting (for fun?) to investigate the properties of quartz resonators with fairly complex shapes. I have had some success with Autofea JL which comes with a free demo
version. There are problems with attaching elements to each other which may be inherrent, I can get no reply from Autofea including emails about purchase! anyone/ got experience with this? Recommend low cost/free software that works.
reply to snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
--
ddwyer