Finding fin area and total area for a plate and fin heat exchanger

hey all, I am actually trying to validate the results for a plate and fin heat exchanger.I am trying to calculate the gas side and air side fin area and total area. my question would be

1.how to calculate the fin area and total area.what are the things yo uconsider when u calculate these. 2.I was wondering whether fin density and fin thicknes are realted to this calculations. 3.I am actually trying to calculate for a plain fin.I can give the values so that if you can play around with ur idea. 4.Fin Density=0.615 per mm ; Fin metal Thickness=0.152 mm:hydraulic dia =0.002383 mm he gave a direct value for Fin area/total area =0.923 I want to know how he got 0.923 thank you vinnu
Reply to
vinnie