Hi Fi tools

Which is the most high fidelity of the tools?

I think it is the Stilsons, closely followed by the Spanner.

Anyone?

Reply to
Billy H

A quality handsaw beats most

Tom

A top burton is rove in the same manner as a luff-tackle purchase; the only difference is, that the upper block of the burton is a fiddle block, while that of the luff is a double one.

Reply to
Tom

Angle grinder, end of story

Reply to
Andy H

Sorry, no cigar, we ain't talking literature..

Reply to
Tom

In message , Billy H writes

From my childhood I seem to remember, "Wodya mean - can't shift it? Where's me Bentley 'alf shaft". I think the man's name was Ham Stilson.

Reply to
Mike H

In message , Billy H writes

I would suggest that a good anvil takes a bit of beating.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Whittome

Is that a pun or what? :-))

Peter

Peter A Forbes

No, a pun is a play on words. An anvil is a large piece of iron that you put things on when you want to hit them :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Reply to
Orator For Decency

Sense of humour not your strong point then?

Reply to
Andy H

Actually yes, but try and keep it musical..

Reply to
Tom

Ah well an emmission tester may enter the top ten then.

Reply to
Billy H

I used a make-shift anvil to fix my laptop's power pack once.

Reply to
Billy H

It is best to work apun the anvil, if you try holding things beneath it's quite awkard to get a good swing going.

Reply to
Billy H

"Billy H" wrote in message news:43e3eaa0$0$82640$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...

What about the brain. Is that a high fidelity tool?

Reply to
Billy H

Only when it has been carefully adjusted by the skilled application of a Stilson... ;-)

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

It just struck me that'd hurt.

Reply to
Billy H

"Billy H" wrote in message news:43e3eaa0$0$82640$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...

Adjustable gas pliers ! Fits any nut, shaft, bolt, tap, socket... you name it ! And the finest, most controllable walnut-crackers ever !

Jim Hawkins

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

On or around Sat, 22 Dec 2007 13:21:41 -0000, "Jim Hawkins" enlightened us thusly:

AKA water pump pliers? I've got a set specifically as nutcrackers.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

That's the tool !

Me too !