Hi Fi tools

A quality handsaw beats most
Tom
A top burton is rove in the same manner as a luff-tackle purchase; the only difference is, that the upper block of the burton is a fiddle block, while that of the luff is a double one.
Reply to
Tom
In message , Billy H writes
From my childhood I seem to remember, "Wodya mean - can't shift it? Where's me Bentley 'alf shaft". I think the man's name was Ham Stilson.
Reply to
Mike H
Is that a pun or what? :-))
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web:
Peter A Forbes
No, a pun is a play on words. An anvil is a large piece of iron that you put things on when you want to hit them :-)
Mark Rand RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand
It is best to work apun the anvil, if you try holding things beneath it's quite awkard to get a good swing going.
Reply to
Billy H
"Billy H" wrote in message news:43e3eaa0$0$82640$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...
What about the brain. Is that a high fidelity tool?
Reply to
Billy H
"Billy H" wrote in message news:43e3eaa0$0$82640$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...
Adjustable gas pliers ! Fits any nut, shaft, bolt, tap, socket... you name it ! And the finest, most controllable walnut-crackers ever !
Jim Hawkins
Reply to
Jim Hawkins
On or around Sat, 22 Dec 2007 13:21:41 -0000, "Jim Hawkins" enlightened us thusly:
AKA water pump pliers? I've got a set specifically as nutcrackers.
Reply to
Austin Shackles
That's the tool !
Me too !