Hi Fi tools

Which is the most high fidelity of the tools?
I think it is the Stilsons, closely followed by the Spanner.
Anyone?
Reply to
Billy H
I tend to final tune with a precision "Lump Hammer"
Joules
Reply to
Joules
A quality handsaw beats most
Tom
A top burton is rove in the same manner as a luff-tackle purchase; the only difference is, that the upper block of the burton is a fiddle block, while that of the luff is a double one.
Reply to
Tom
Angle grinder, end of story
Reply to
Andy H
Sorry, no cigar, we ain't talking literature..
Reply to
Tom
In message , Billy H writes
From my childhood I seem to remember, "Wodya mean - can't shift it? Where's me Bentley 'alf shaft". I think the man's name was Ham Stilson.
Reply to
Mike H
In message , Billy H writes
I would suggest that a good anvil takes a bit of beating.
Mike
Reply to
Mike Whittome
Is that a pun or what? :-))
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web:
Peter A Forbes
No, a pun is a play on words. An anvil is a large piece of iron that you put things on when you want to hit them :-)
Mark Rand RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand
"......that you put things a-pun...."?
Mark Rand wrote:
Reply to
Orator For Decency
Sense of humour not your strong point then?
Reply to
Andy H
Actually yes, but try and keep it musical..
Reply to
Tom
Ah well an emmission tester may enter the top ten then.
Reply to
Billy H
I used a make-shift anvil to fix my laptop's power pack once.
Reply to
Billy H
It is best to work apun the anvil, if you try holding things beneath it's quite awkard to get a good swing going.
Reply to
Billy H
To explain this further: the double block is fitted with a hook; the single one with a long strop hook and thimble, and another long strop or tongue with a thimble, is spliced round strop of single block (Seamanship - Captain Nares RN 1874)
Reply to
Henry Springer
The Counsel of Trent : Always be cautious to play within The Rules for abuse of Burtons can lead to the loss of those close to you.
Reply to
Billy H
Sounds like the late captain didn't know a burton from a becket bend..
Tom
Reply to
Tom
Weren't those Trent Burtons, cousins of the Krays?
Reply to
Tom
No they were the Pentium's
-- Regards,