How enforce PM work?

Im curious as to how you all are enforcing and insuring that preventative maint (PM) work is being DONE in a plant?

We just have a paper based system and the guys can just "pencil whip" that.

What methods can be taken to make sure PM is actually being done? What internal controls?

Reply to
me

I'd say termination of a few of the cheaters who are fraudulently filling out PM form when work isn't actually being done will help to correct the problem.

Reply to
ms

snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Do random audits :)

Not only you, but get 5 or so people involved in the audits. Write non- conformances for anything you find, track it back to who was 'supposed' to have done it, and make sure there is disiplinary action taken. It only takes 2 or 3 write-ups to get the word out.

It can also be tracked back through failures. They do a backlash check on a machine for a PM, say it's ok. Two weeks later, quality problems traced to excessive backlash in the screw. Unless a catestrophic failure occurred (crash, etc), something like this is unlikely to have developed into a problem in two weeks......Ballscrews fail in a very predictable pattern.

Reply to
Anthony