How to measure Point-of-Intersection dimensions?

Point-of-Intersection dimensions are theoretical ones. how to measure them in the real world practice? thanks

Reply to
rosemsem

The point of intersection(s) involved in the dimension must be located. This can often be done using an optical comparator, a smartscope, or CMM. The key is to find the intersection point using an overlay on the comparator, the smartscope software, or (my favorite) by establishing the two features (planes or whatever) on the CMM and then creating a theoretical intersection with the software. With the intersection established, you can then measure from it to whatever you need to.

Reply to
David