Interplanetary spit...

Okay, suppose we MEs want to launch our own type of spacecraft.

What about pumping up a great wad in which the cargo is imbedded, and launching a big "droplet" into space? No need to worry about ablative coatings, and the surface would be free to flow to "minimize drag"... Getting out of the frozen surface might be an issue if you don't get right at it...

Nothwithstanding the need to imbed the "wad" in a supersonic jet to begin with (to make orbit)... does this have another downside that I missed?

David A. Smith

Reply to
dlzc1.cox