Just suppose

Just suppose the AMA By-Laws are to be followed.

Article IX Section 3. To be eligible to discharge the duties of AMA President, a nominee must be a Leader member of the AMA and must previously have served as a member of the Executive Council or as Associate Vice President or as a Contest Board member for at least one year. To be eligible to discharge the duties of an elected AMA officer other than President, a nominee must be a Leader member of the AMA. To be eligible to discharge the duties of an appointed AMA officer, including Associate Vice President, Contest Board member, and Contest Coordinator, an appointee must be a Leader member of the AMA.

An individual is NOT an AMA member but is appointed as Contest Coordinator and made an AMA member with Leadrship Member status at the time of the appointment. Would this be in keeping with the above? If this is not in keeping with the above would further appointments such as AVP and subsequenly interim VP be valid? Just wondering.

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

I would suggest you throw the question at DB and company and let them answer it. However, I also suspect your letters may not be as welcome there as some others.

Chuck

Reply to
C.O.Jones

We know their answer. They essentially ignor the issue. The case is real as far as we can determine. The individual appointed is still in the position and now has been appointed as VP for our District for the next 7 months. No vote on the part of the members is deemed necessary.

Red s.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

And maybe a vote isn't needed! I don't know since I'm not privy to the necessary information to make such a decision. Which is why I suggest you take the issue up with DB and the EC in the first place. Otherwise it looks like all you're doing is bitching here for the sake of bitching!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

And then along comes jones, purely to bitch about the bitching. Sheesh.

Texas Pete

Reply to
Pete Kerezman

Sigh, so true...

Reply to
Herb Winston

And since you have no stake in the situation by being a non-member all your doing is making noise. Please Sir go lay down somewhere and be quite your bothering people.

Tomb

Reply to
tomb046

Sure thing Pete! So much easier to bitch about things here than to actually take the chance of doing something about them! I'm sure that's why you and a lot of others post here and in other groups! Because it does so much good for the hobby!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

No stake? Certainly not in the AMA proper. But as a successful business man does than mean I may not have useful advice? Or better still, as an R/C modeler am I not affected by what the AMA does or does not do?

Please Sir, consider what I have said.

Reply to
C.O.Jones

And since you are not a member of the AMA, you can do NOTHING BUT bitch! Right? Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Actually Dr, I contribute in my own small way. I sponsor a flying site on my property. I am also in the process of purchasing 100 acres to move the site to permanently. How many flying sites have you bought?

Reply to
C.O.Jones

You call this advice?? Your bitching at someone who has spent the better part of his life trying to help out the R/C community and the ama and then try to pawn that off as advice. get a fricken life Jones Red has done more for R/C than most people will ever do and he sure don't need someone who is not even an ama member getting on his case. Red has tried for years to make a change in district 5 for the better of it's members, Just what the hell have you done for the R/C community that gives you the right to chastise him about anything?

Reply to
Bob B

I participate by providing a place for a flying site on my property. Perhaps I should reconsider? But what gives you the right to say I have no say?

Reply to
C.O.Jones

In the past 20+ years I've contributed AMA dues, club dues, helped support several local hobby shops (thereby supporting independent businesses) and helped support mail-order R/C suppliers. I have also contributed as an AMA contest director, a club instructor and a club officer in various capacities.

Now, I have a few questions about your personal site.

  1. Do you allow anyone else to use your site?
  2. If so, what do you charge for the privilege?
  3. How much are your initiation fees, annual fees, landing fees, or however your charges are incurred?
  4. What are your site rules?
  5. What type of insurance do you offer your guests and how much do you charge for it?
  6. What facilities does your site offer?
  7. Where is your site located?
  8. Is your site "open to the public" or "by invitation only"?

None personally. However, by supporting my local clubs, shops and the AMA, I have helped acquire and maintain numerous flying fields all over the country...as does everyone who is a member of AMA.

Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

I've got $5 that says he won't answer #7 with a real, verifyable address right here in this newsgroup, and you left off the third option for #8 which would be "by imagination only".

Warren.

Reply to
Warren

Look for C. O. Jones to suddenly disappear - as he appeared coincidentally with Kline's departure sometime last fall. But he will be back under another bogus name/address but with unmistakable MO. Must be lonesome at his private

100 acre flying field. He and KK may not be the same individual however. Maybe the powers that be on this newsgroup are being kind to us and only allow one of the Kline/Jones type at a time.

RS

DR1 said:

You replied:

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Oh, I hope he'll drop the Jones moniker. Being one who was born to the name Jones, I'd rather not have it associated with the many horrible posts he has left here.

Jim J> Look for C. O. Jones to suddenly disappear - as he appeared

Reply to
James D Jones

Let me know when your contribution matches the going price of 100 acres of prime farm land and then we can talk. As for addresses, I simply do not post any addresses on such forums as this. My choice to make! You'll just have to accept it!

And you can find answers to several if not most of your questions in earlier posts. I suggest you look them up!

As for the combined efforts by several to corner me into a catch 22? Let me just say, I don't play those games. Especially not with the mentally infantile. And in particular with you Red, get over this obsession of yours with this Kline character! Either that or propose to the man and get it over with!

As for the rest of you in this little game, I've gathered what I want. Now I'll leave you to your own devices! No! That doesn't mean I'm leaving the news group. Just ignoring the uneducated, infantile and plane stupid!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Figured as much.

The old "invisible flying site" trick.

Reply to
Warren

Yea, and he doesn't remember which lie he told so he can re-post his "accomplishments" to the Group. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver