District V Election for VP

Seven questions were posed on the district e-mail list to the candidates running for AMA VP District V.

Candidate Tony Stillman has responded.

Thanks for the opportunity to let you know how I will do things if elected...

  1. Will active modelers be appointed as AVPs?

Yes. I am already taking applications for these positions. If you think you might like to serve the district membership as an AVP, please contact me with a resume of you modeling experience and availability to work with clubs within a 200 mile radius of your home.

  1. Will these AVPs be used according to the Standing Rules? (See AMA Membership Manual
    Yes. AVP's are extremely important. They are the local arm of AMA and are a key element to getting information on a local level to me so that I can take it to a national level. Communication is one of the main areas that has to be initiated from the ground up... This is a priority for me.

  1. Will a periodic accounting be made to the membership on the expenditure of funds allocated to the District?

Absolutely! This is NOT MY MONEY! It is YOUR money... I will give a yearly account of how it was spent.

  1. Will a qualified Frequency Coordinator be appointed?

Yes. This is a very important part of the VP's duties. Providing equipment to local clubs is critical. Someone that has experience in RF will be able to help clubs troubleshoot problems and answer questions.

  1. Will contest coordinators be appointed in line with other Districts?

Yes. I don't believe we need two coordinators! I don't know why this was done, but we will go back to one coordinator, if I am elected.

  1. Will a District web page be established to serve the needs of the District?

Yes. I have already contacted a couple of people about setting this up and running it for me. This will include e-mail and discussion tools to allow the membership easy access to me, as well as to the AVP's. It will also include AMA information from EC meetings and any other information. As I said, communication is a huge issue that must be resolved!

  1. Will a District V e-mail list be supported as a communication tool within the District?

Yes, as well as the possibility of new e-mail lists created as needed.

If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to hear from you and answer them as best as I can. You can e-mail me directly at snipped-for-privacy@radiosouthrc.com

Thanks!

Tony Stillman

Reply to