Mark T. Smith AMA Executive Vice President Campaign statement

Executive Vice President Campaign statement

Mark T. Smith Shawnee, Kansas

My name is Mark Smith and I'm running for the office of AMA Executive Vice President. I am currently the AMA District 9 VP, holding this position for the last three years. I have been active in model aviation most of my life and held numerous leadership positions in clubs through the U.S. I am asking for your support because I believe I have the broad background needed to meet and exceed our President's expectations as his Vice President. The past three years have been extremely busy and rewarding as depicted by the following milestones:

District IX VP

2005-Present · Established a District IX web site · Held a Lawrence, KS District fly-in · Traveled to all six states to meet with modelers to encourage continued open communications. · More than doubled the number of Leader Clubs in District · Brought Omahawks, with approximately 200 members, into the AMA as a Chartered Club · Developed a strong AVP team which handles day-to- day AMA issues within the District

MARKETING

2005-Present

Created, developed and implemented various Marketing programs to stimulate membership growth. Worked to educate staff and Executive Council (EC) on Marketing strategies. Explained the importance of product life cycles, target markets and market segmentation, the importance of customer service and product pricing.

MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS

2006

Worked with EC members to ascertain the value of purchasing an on-line entity and presented facts to Board.

CREATING VALUE PROPOSITION AT MUNCIE FACILITY

2005-Present

Brought in Frank Tiano Enterprise to develop plan for Air Show America which was estimated to render a positive financial and public relations return. Continue to provide strategic support to XFC event.

PUBLIC RELATIONS

2008-Present

Researched and contracted PR firm J Walcher Communications who have been extremely active in bringing media attention to AMA which includes:

· Press releases · Articles in various on-line magazines including Forbes.com · Article in Newsweek magazine · In progress

o ESPN coverage

o Fox News-Chicago interview

o Delta airlines article

o Park flyers for sale in Holiday Gift Guides

AMA CONVENTION

2008

Headed committee to review applicants to manage 2009 convention. Socialized ideas with key EC members and came to consensus to present to Board which was approved.

POSITIONING AMA

2005-Present

Developed and nurtured relationships with key industry stakeholders as Hobbico, Horizon, Global and Hobby Lobby.

Clearly, these accomplishments are due in large part to my extraordinary team of District 9 Associate Vice Presidents and the collective wisdom of the EC.

For the past three years, I have developed a close and highly respected working relationship with our AMA President, Dave Mathewson. We communicate on almost a daily basis to address AMA issues. If elected as your Executive Vice President, I would like to focus on the following over the next three years:

· Stimulate the growth of AMA by implementing various creative marketing programs · Grow the number of Leader Clubs · Grow and aid in securing flying sites for our clubs through creative financing of club-owned sites · Support the introduction and education of model aviation to our youth · Provide leadership for the EC on financial matters · Push for EC term limits so that new, fresh and creative ideas can be implemented which results in ensuring the longevity of a healthy AMA

I would like to continue this modeling journey and with your support, I believe we can accomplish even more in the next three years. Thank you!

Mark T. Smith

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Charlie Chan say, "AMA internal affairs much like sausage. Best savored by diner if not know ingredients."

Ed Cregger

--------------

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Reply to
Bob Cowell

As this is not a US specific group can we just agree to drop this, Us non USA fliers really don't care,. It'#s bad enough the initial candidate wants to spam the world (a good reason to not elect him) but lets not go on about it..

Reply to
Gavin

Well I thought the initial post was amusing enough in its sheer parochiality, and Ed's response was even better.

Shame you has to spoil it by top posting a rather humorless response.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Did someone say something? Must be me, I guess.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Reply to