Mark T. Smith AMA Executive Vice President Campaign statement

Executive Vice President Campaign statement
Mark T. Smith Shawnee, Kansas
My name is Mark Smith and I'm running for the office of AMA Executive Vice
President. I am currently the AMA District 9 VP, holding this position for the last three years. I have been active in model aviation most of my life and held numerous leadership positions in clubs through the U.S. I am asking for your support because I believe I have the broad background needed to meet and exceed our President's expectations as his Vice President. The past three years have been extremely busy and rewarding as depicted by the following milestones:
District IX VP 2005-Present
Established a District IX web site
Held a Lawrence, KS District fly-in
Traveled to all six states to meet with modelers to encourage continued open communications.
More than doubled the number of Leader Clubs in District
Brought Omahawks, with approximately 200 members, into the AMA as a Chartered Club
Developed a strong AVP team which handles day-to- day AMA issues within the District
MARKETING 2005-Present
Created, developed and implemented various Marketing programs to stimulate membership growth. Worked to educate staff and Executive Council (EC) on Marketing strategies. Explained the importance of product life cycles, target markets and market segmentation, the importance of customer service and product pricing.
MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS 2006
Worked with EC members to ascertain the value of purchasing an on-line entity and presented facts to Board.
CREATING VALUE PROPOSITION AT MUNCIE FACILITY 2005-Present
Brought in Frank Tiano Enterprise to develop plan for Air Show America which was estimated to render a positive financial and public relations return. Continue to provide strategic support to XFC event.
PUBLIC RELATIONS 2008-Present
Researched and contracted PR firm J Walcher Communications who have been extremely active in bringing media attention to AMA which includes:
Press releases
Articles in various on-line magazines including Forbes.com
Article in Newsweek magazine
In progress
o ESPN coverage
o Fox News-Chicago interview
o Delta airlines article
o Park flyers for sale in Holiday Gift Guides
AMA CONVENTION 2008
Headed committee to review applicants to manage 2009 convention. Socialized ideas with key EC members and came to consensus to present to Board which was approved.
POSITIONING AMA 2005-Present
Developed and nurtured relationships with key industry stakeholders as Hobbico, Horizon, Global and Hobby Lobby.
Clearly, these accomplishments are due in large part to my extraordinary team of District 9 Associate Vice Presidents and the collective wisdom of the EC.
For the past three years, I have developed a close and highly respected working relationship with our AMA President, Dave Mathewson. We communicate on almost a daily basis to address AMA issues. If elected as your Executive Vice President, I would like to focus on the following over the next three years:
Stimulate the growth of AMA by implementing various creative marketing programs
Grow the number of Leader Clubs
Grow and aid in securing flying sites for our clubs through creative financing of club-owned sites
Support the introduction and education of model aviation to our youth
Provide leadership for the EC on financial matters
Push for EC term limits so that new, fresh and creative ideas can be implemented which results in ensuring the longevity of a healthy AMA
I would like to continue this modeling journey and with your support, I believe we can accomplish even more in the next three years. Thank you!
Mark T. Smith
Charlie Chan say, "AMA internal affairs much like sausage. Best savored by diner if not know ingredients."
Ed Cregger

Sweet Old Bob say, "the internal workings of any political organization are very similar to the digestive process of an adult male bovine,right up to, and including the output."

As this is not a US specific group can we just agree to drop this, Us non USA fliers really don't care,. It'#s bad enough the initial candidate wants to spam the world (a good reason to not elect him) but lets not go on about it..

Gavin wrote:

Well I thought the initial post was amusing enough in its sheer parochiality, and Ed's response was even better.
Shame you has to spoil it by top posting a rather humorless response.
Did someone say something? Must be me, I guess.
Ed Cregger

It wasn't you Ed, it seems that some humorless individual took exception to my comment about politics.