Looking for advice on siphon design

I agree. Please keep us apprised of the project status. This was one fun problem.

Reply to
Herman Family

charliew2

I posted some questions on these groups some time ago on siphon design and got some pretty useful feedback. Thanks for that.

I am on the scrounge again.

I am interested in finding some examples of mid range and large siphons that are operational. Can any on this group provide me with details of siphons in the 200mm diameter and larger diameters. I would be particularly interested in any photos or design details of these or any that are shown in any way in books or the web or elsewhere.

I have some details of a few siphons off the net but would be keen to see more.

Any ideas most welcome.

Regards

Bob Jordan

Reply to
Bob Jordan

Dear Bob Jordan:

The spillways over dams actually had to have the "siphon" broken. If the spillway pipe stayed filled for a significant length, with the velocities achieved, cavitation bubbles would form, and spallation would occur from the concrete surface. Your fluid will also have entrained gasses...

David A. Smith

Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)

You might try poking around for information from the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation. I seem to recall that their Colorado-Big Thompson project in northern Colorado has a large siphon (multi-meter) in it somewhere.

Reply to
Everett M. Greene