PE exam referrals

Hi All,
I would like to take the Connecticut PE exam, however I need 5 licensed
engineers as references. I presently have one. Would anyone be willing
to be a reference? I can provide some documentation of a twenty year
career in R&D and product development.
Thanks,
Jack McGrath
Reply to
snakeyjake
I applied for, took & passed the ME PE ~20 years ago. I worked in an industry where licensing was not required & therefore rare.
I used a couple of college profs & my supervisors (non-PE's) & I explained the situation and was allowed to sit for the exam.
I suggest you use supervisors & clients rather than strangers, the references must be familiar w/ you & your work.
If your honest about the situation & get good references you'll be able to sit for the exam
cheers Bob
Reply to
BobK207
That depends on where you are. In some states (ME in particular) the board is quite unbending on the subject-- 3 references MUST be from PEs
Reply to
Michael
I found an app for CT on the web & it asks for 5 refs (3 of which must be PE's) the app is a rev dated May 02
The requirement for 3 PE's still might be a problem if none of your supervisors / employers were PE's.
cheers Bob
Reply to
BobK207
Maybe consider appyling for licensure in a state that has a reciprocity agreement with yours, then after you receive the PE in that state, apply in yours.
Reply to
ms

Site Timeline