Potted Wire--No Definition Anywhere?

This is outside my field, and I can't seem to find info anywhere. Does
anybody have a definition or description for what a potted wire is?
Thanks for the assistance.
Reply to
Linux A. Wannabe PizzaPie
Loading thread data ...
potted wire:: a wire that has been submerged in a big lump of glue or sealant of some kind. Typically used to seal the point where the wire enters a device. Specialized glues are sold as "potting compound"
not to be confused with potted meat, which is one of the nastiest things on the planet
"Linux A. Wannabe PizzaPie"
Reply to
"Linux A. Wannabe PizzaPie"
The original "Spam", the ground "pork" product. The thing Monty Python was actually singing about in the now famous skit.
David A. Smith
Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)

Site Timeline

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.