Prescribed Displacement with Arc-Length method

Hi, I am currently using the arc length method to solve a large displacement nonlinear beam problem. Any idea as to how to include prescribed non-zero displacements in conjunction with the arc length method?? Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tapan

Reply to
sabuwala

Have you referenced this book? I can give you access online if you'd like. Title: Electro-Optics Handbook (2nd Edition) No. Pages: 992 Author/Editor: Edited by: Waynant, R.W.; Ediger, M.N. Knovel Release Date: Apr 16, 2003 Description: A valuable must-have tool for electronic and optical engineers, this handbook is the only single-volume, tell-it-all guide to the use of optical devices and light in electronics systems. Developed by a towering figure in the field, this manual familiarizes you with UV, VUV and X-Ray lasers; visible, solid-state, semiconductor and infrared gas lasers; FEL and ultrashort laser pulses; visible and infrared optical materials; infrared and imaging detectors; optical fibers and fiber optic sensors; holography; laser spectroscopy and photochemistry; high resolution lithography for optoelectronics; and much more.

Reply to
BigTone