Arc length method

Hi, I am using arc length method (version of Simo) for solving non-linear set of equations.

The problem I am facing is near the limit point, my code starts diverging.

I have made sure that the sign of root I am choosing at the first iteration is correct.

If anyone has an idea please let me know.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Mohan

Reply to
mohankul

Which limit point you are talking about (0, infinity, some specific number or point on the plane or vector in 3-space, or complex number...)

And you might try posting to sci.math or alt.math

It could be that the method you are using is simply not appropriate for the system, or there is a singularity at the limit point (in which case, *any* method should diverge). There could be other problems as well- there's no way to tell without knowing more about your specific problem.

cheers- Eric

Reply to
Felicis

Might I suggest that an even better place to ask this question would be on sci.math.num-analysis

Good Luck Paul D Oosterhout I work for SAIC (but I don't speak for SAIC)

Reply to
Paul O