C code

Can anyone provide with a simple mechanical enginerring problem for which C code can be written?

Reply to
ramkiran.prabhakar

| Can anyone provide with a simple mechanical enginerring problem for | which C code can be written?

Eh? Are you thinking that there might be problems for which C code /cannot/ be written?

Morris Dovey

Thanks for telling that all the probles can be done on C, But I need some simple problems If U have any can U send them. I am not a mechanical engineer by profession.

Morris Dovey wrote:

Reply to
ramkiran.prabhakar

Dear ramkiran.prabhakar:

Ones that mechanical engineers are asked to perform in school include calculation of failure loading (buckling) of a column in compression. Input will be length of column, and the moment of area (if I recall correctly). There are probably Java-based calculators on the internet.

David A. Smith

Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)

Try the area of a circle = PI x R x R Then the volume of a cylinder = Area x Height

That is about as simple as I can imagine

Jim Y

Reply to
Jim Y

"Jim Y" wrote in news:UvednboZoMdfe2DZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Given a lever of total length L a pivot point at distance P (< L), and a force F, all measured from or at the same end, what is the force at the other end?

Reply to
Charly Coughran

Well not that simple. something more complex - mechanical engineer problems

Charly Coughran wrote:

Reply to
ramkiran.prabhakar

Dear ramkiran.prabhakar:

I'd recommend Google. "engineering calculator" ... should be a whole series of material properties, and other dedicated calculators.

David A. Smith

Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)

Get a copy of a mechanical engineering problem set designed to provide a review for a professional licence exam. One such is described at

That will give you a variety of problems which you can generalize or simplify as required to produce any desired level of complexity.

Reply to
Charly Coughran