Building A Simple R/C Plane

I have a very simple Air Hog F-16 Falcon R/C plane. Basically, it's just a small styrofoam plane with a small motor and fuel pack, which connect to two propellers via a wire. The make is basic enough that I'm wondering if I can buy these parts seperately at a hobby store and attach them to a much bigger styrofoam glider that I have. The RC plane is 14 inches long from nosetip to end, with a wing span of about one foot. The plane I want to modify is 18 inches long with a two foot wingspan. I'm new to RC planes, so I'm not sure the difficulty level involved in this (looks simple enough, though), or what size motor/propellers/fuel cells I will need, and how expensive this would all be. I also considered that the materials would have to be compatible with my current remote and charger. Has anyone else here done something similar? Any comments, suggestions, thoughts? Thanks.

Reply to
sjmcarter

What your saying is very possible. Go for it. I was flying in an indoor football practice field Wed. night and there were as many as 10 planes there made of blue sheet foam. At one point, during mortal combat, someone yelled "which one is mine!" The reply was "The Blue one!" (they were all blue) For Parts try

mk

Reply to
Storm's Hamburgers