CML, LVDS, ???

Hi there,

please excuse me writing in English to this newsgroup but my German is so bad that you could harldy understand me. I'm currently working on a board design and I have to interface two VLSI chips to each other that don't have exactly compatible level characteristics. To be more precise I have a differential CML output of U(t) = 1.8V +/- 0.400V * rect(t) being terminated

50 Ohm to Vref and a non-standard differential Input which assumes U(t) = 1.15V +/- 0.125V * rect(t) being 100 Ohm differentially terminated. I first thought about AC coupling but that only kills my DC part but doesn't come to solve the problem of incompatible swings. Maybe a resistor network would be the right choice but I am not so firm on that topic. Any help, suggestions and calculation examples would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance and best regards,

Melanie

Reply to
Melanie Nasic

If the transmitter swing is higher than the minimum receiver swing, all is fine, if you don't hit the maximum ratings of the receiver. The receiver is also supposed to exept some other common mode range than the 1.15 Volt given about.

So first look if you can directly couple uour CML output to the LVDS input.

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Bonnes