Re: "Rockets not carrying fuel" and the space tower.

I know I shall regret this: but, for what it's worth:

1) stp means standard temp and pressure, which implies temp = 0 deg, not 25degC 2) g is usually 9.81 m/s^2 but it varies a little from place to place.

Brian W

Reply to
Brian Whatcott

Dear Brian Whatcott:

I concur. However he did *define* his "standard" reference to one of the 3 or 4 values I have seen defined as "standard". ;>)

David A. Smith

Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)

So many tards, so little time.

-- Lady Chatterly

"How can a bot be a tranny, dumbass?" -- Peter Hood

Reply to
Lady Chatterly

Both, for some bizzare reason are correct. My thermo book says 25C, a brief web search suggests 0C.

Dwayne

Reply to
Dwayne

///

[trimmed the distribution to eng groups]

Density of water is about 1 gram per cc or

1 kg per 1000 cc = 1 liter = 10 cm X 10 cm X 10 cm

To put it in plain English: a box of water 10 centimeters on a side weighs 1 kg or in plainer English a box of sides 4 inch long, full of water weighs 2.2 lbs

Punch line coming up: you can fit how many boxes, 10 cm on a side, into a box of 1meter X 1 meter X 1 meter?

On one face, 100 boxes will fit, and you can fit another 9 layers like it to quite fill up the bigger box. That's 100 X 10 = 1000 small boxes in a cubic meter. Each small box weighs 1 kg The big box weighs 1000 x 1 kg = 1000 kg or 1 million grams.

Brian W Altus, OK

Reply to
Brian Whatcott