Small size lathe for on board sailing vessel

Hi NG,
I would like to know if there is some experience here with small lathes. I live on my sailboat and there are plenty repair jobs where I need a
lathe. I need something of 40 cm between the centres. I have 220v/1phase and 220v/3 phase frequency-regulated available. Any thoughts about brands/types/prices/where to buy?
Thanks in advance, Len.

Lathe for wood parts ? I found something like that in a french common DIY store.
http://picasaweb.google.fr/lh/photo/L-r83alnHpxsDB0rbpbwJA?feat=directlink
power 550W, 3 speeds up to 2600 rpm, 317 $