A new high vacuum pump

Hi all,

I've invented a new high vacuum pump. I'll be thankful if anyone guide me which international exhibition is the most suitable one to exhibit it in it.

Also I don't know which group is the most suitable one to gather information in this respect.

Thanks H. V. Ansari

Hamid V. Ansari

I suspect your motives / capability based on your past history, but that is neither here nor there.

Chemists and semiconductor manufacturers use high vacuum pumps, so they may have some input on where they'd like to see a new style displayed. I have added sci.chem to the distribution list for your post. Not sure if there is an active semicon newsgroup...

David A. Smith

Reply to
dlzc

I suspect your motives / capability based on your past history, but that is neither here nor there.

Chemists and semiconductor manufacturers use high vacuum pumps, =============================================== Do they put them on the top shelf in the attic? I would have thought a low pressure pump would be more useful, you could store that under the work bench, or, if you wanted an even lower pressure pump, store it in the basement. Robert Boyle used bellows for his vacuum experiments. He bellowed "pump faster" to his assistant.

so they may have some input on where they'd like to see a new style displayed. I have added sci.chem to the distribution list for your post. Not sure if there is an active semicon newsgroup...

David A. Smith

Reply to
Androcles

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Go high enough and you'll be in space, and no additional pumping would be necessary?

David A. Smith

Reply to
dlzc

Go high enough and you'll be in space, and no additional pumping would be necessary?

David A. Smith ========================================= There is a caveat: unless you are Henry Wilson. He lives near Sydney and would have to go low enough to be in space. He's upside-down, though, so he probably wouldn't agree with us even if he offered this movie as empirical evidence:

you know most shuttle crews are ozzies and hold the camera upside-down? --Androcles

Reply to
Androcles

There is no link or description on the web page. What exactly is this new design?

The last new pump design I recall is the Genevac oil vortex pump, used on the Genevac "speedy vacs" ("speed evacs"). Compatible with organics and corrosives. Brilliant design.

Reply to
noauth

What do you consider to be high vacuum?

Reply to
me

A vacuum between 10 to the power -3 and 10 to the power -9 torr. This new pump yields this vacuum with the speed 28 qubic meter per hour directly from ambient pressure, ie without customary connecting two pumps in series.

H. V. Ansari

Reply to
Hamid V. Ansari

OK, thanks for the reply.

Reply to
me

I am skeptical! It is one thing to have a pump to pull a 10^-9 vacuum against a 10^-3 exhaust than against a 10^3 exhaust.

There have been ways around this. For example, I remember when Varian came out with ion pumps. They did not actually discharge to atmospheric pressure. The entrapped residual gas by gettering. But they could not start working at atmospheric pressure. One scheme was to use a sorption pump to bring the pressure down to where the ion pump could work. Then the sorption pump was sealed of the vacuum volume by a valve or pinched copper tube or some other way. The two pumps were in "parallel" rather than "series."

Of course, liquid helium would do a pretty goood job too.

I would like more fundamental information about how the pump works before agreeing that it is a breakthrough.

Bill

Reply to
Salmon Egg

Have a look if the ComVac ("Leading Trade Fair for Compressed Air and Vacuum Technology") during the Hannover Messe could be suitable:

The next ComVac is in 2011 (the Hannover Messe is every year).

Another approach to find out where the vacuum community meets, would be to investigate on which trade fairs other manufacturers of vacuum pumps exhibit.

Good luck.

Mic.

Reply to
Micael Guignard

mpto bring the pressure down to where the ionpumpcould work. Then

As I said at present to reach high vacuum, which is something betwee

10^13 and 10^-9, we need to use at least two pumps, usually a rotary pump at the exhaust of a torbomolecular or difusion pump. In this new pump which I've designed, high vacuum is obtained directly with the atmosphere pressure at its exhaust, ie we need no other pump in series or parallel. Furthermore its speed can also be high. Its design is secret presently. I'm trying to show it in VACUUMTECHEXPO - Moscow (Russia), 30 March 2010.

Hamid V. Ansari

Hamid V. Ansari