Can anyone recommend me a textbook in engineering mechanics?

I am a EE student and want to do some research in mechanical system control. Can someone recommend me some good textbook about the engineering mechanics or material mechanics? Thanks in advance!

Reply to
workaholic

Then you just need to study control systems theory.

I'd recommend you check with your advisor at school on this topic. I would not make sense for us to recommend something you cannot lay your hands on...

David A. Smith

Reply to
dlzc

I would suggest you start by looking at the Schaum's Outline of the subject of interest as a general place to start.

Reply to
me

Thanks for your advice. My adviser is also new to mechanics. We are going to do some research on robot manipulator control but I always feel that I cannot fully understand where the theory in robotics modeling books comes from, so I wrote to ask for a list of useful and classical tutorials on engineering mechanics

Reply to
workaholic

This is still the recommendation.

Then I am sorry. Does your school have a control systems group, or a mechanical group (that is not dedicated to HVAC)? I'd start checking there next.

Robotics modelling started from analysis of 4-bar mechanisms, gathered some serious momentum from classical control systems theory, and became mature with advances in programming (such as being able to record and playback from a human operator performing the task). Significant physics was involved at all stages...

Your interest has changed from your original post.

David A. Smith

Reply to
dlzc

Thanks a lot for your recommendation. I am still looking for some courses availabe on campus to compensate my knowledge gap.

Reply to
workaholic