Is the polymer in glass state a mechanics equilibrium system?

hello,all It's my first time to come there. I have a question, hopping someone can give me an answer. Is the polymer in glass state a mechanics equilibrium system?I want to
research the deformation of the polymer, I can use the Monte Carlo method to the the initial configuration, while the configuration is not a mechanics system. can someone tell me there need a relax process to make the system mechanica equilibrium.
I am not sure what you meant, but a glassy polymer is not in mechanical (or thermodynamic) equilibrium. Volume and enthalpy relax toward the equilibrium value below the glass transition. This is also known as physical aging.
The kinetics of the approach to equilibrium has been the topic of research for some time (see A. J. Kovacs papers for example). I have been out of the research field for some time so I can't point you to current research.
How about googling relaxation polymer glasses or physical aging polymer glass?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

thank you for your attending the topic. As I known, Some method were used to generate the initial configuration of the polymer. Monte Carlo was always adopted. The initial configuration of the polymer solution was used to replace the configuration of the polymer glass, isnt it? The thing pouzled me most is that a relaxation process was alwayse followed ( D.N.Theodorou, U.W.Suter, Macromolecules, 18, 1467). I think the polymer we studied is not in the equilibrium, why the relaxation process is needed. Because I am not research the aging of the polymer , I just want to get some configurations of the plymer glass for other simulation. Can you give some suggestings about it? thank you very much.
You should ask your librarian to help you do a search. I am sure you will find hundreds of Monte Carlo simulations of polymers.