stepper motor output to drive a mass

I am trying to use the stepper motor model provided in the simpowersystems library to control a mass movement in an angular
direction. The input for the system should br torque of the motor and the output will be the angular deflection. Is it possible to design such an arrangement. Please help me.

An easy way to go is to specify the stepper so that it CAN reliably make a step with the load in question, then treat each step as an equal angular displacement.
BrianW