Taber abrasion test

Hi everybody,
I have some resistance to abrasion data on a protective film that I'm
planning to use. I wanted to compare those data with the abrasion resistance
of mild steel, aluminium, etc...
Does anybody knows where I could find those kind of material properties for
common metals?
Thank you!
Reply to
Yves Vermette
A material is abraded when its surface is either 1) deformed or 2) sheared off.
I would just check yield strengths , or
you might even use a value between yield and ultimate for materials of interest.
Brian W
Reply to
Brian Whatcott
Yes i agree, but I'm looking to compare Taber abrasion results of different material. I have the taber abrasion resistance of a polyurethane film that I'm planning to use to reduce the wear on a polymer part. The previous "generation" of this part was made of steel... so this is why i wanted to compare the wear resistance of the polymer part with the film to the original resistance of the steel part.
Thank you
Brian Whatcott a écrit dans le message : snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
Reply to
Yves Vermette