Urgent! Please help : how to do real time rainflow cycle counting for fatigue calculation

Dear all,

I have one question: how I can do real time rainflow cycle counting for fatigue calculation? For example, I have collected the field data starting from 9:00 am - 9:30 am, so, I can do cycle counting to get fatigue damage during this half an hour period. Now, if the measurement goes on, and I got new data starting from 9:30 am to 10:00 am. My question is: how I can calculate the total damage up to 10:00 am? Do I have to use all data in this one hour period - based on which, I do cycle counting, or just need to add the new fatigue life from the new data block (from 9:30 am - 10:00 am)? If yes, how to do it. I think the first data block (9:00 am - 9:30 am ) do have effect on the fatigue life of the second block.

As the time passes, the # of data can be huge if I have to calculate the fatigue life based on the first data, at 9:00 am, and the data at the current time...

Thanks in tons.

Reply to
William Lu