Vibration for cantilever plates

Hi..!!

I have a problem with vibration analysis for cantilever plate. What is the = equation of motion for cantilever plate. Most reference only discuss about = cantilever beam. I am already did the vibration test for cantilever boundar= y conditions. How to relate the natural frequency with material properties = of cantilever plate? The plate was made of aluminum alloy.

Reply to
Mr Ino

Google has this:

David A. Smith

Reply to
dlzc

Hi Mr Ino,

a first approach could be a simplification of the problem. Try to solve the plate problem as an Euler-Bernoulli Beam.

Much more complicated is the approach with Poisson and Kirchhoff. There is an analytical solution for a cantilever plate. Search the web for Poisson and Kirchhoff plate.

Regards, Andreas

Reply to
Andreas Anstätt

Andreas Anstätt wrote in news:j218fi$ds5$ snipped-for-privacy@solani.org:

Or, the natural frequencies of the first 6 modes of rectangular plates for all 21 possible combinations of the three elementary boudary conditions on the four edges of the plates are presented in Blevins, _Formulas for Natural Frequency and Mode Shape_, Table 11-4. A very useful volume.

Reply to
Charly Coughran