Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

The New X-Prize
The new X-Prize is for a car that gets 100 miles-per-gallon and like the previous X-Prize is for ten million dollars. Now there are a lot of rules but in general the car must get 100 MPG, it must...
12
12

LUSAS Problem
Hi, my name meizan, I' using LUSAS for my analysis, the problem that i faced was to a surface. since my model is not square. it is curves with 5 lines. 2 curves line and 3 straight lines. when i...

regarding project
i m looking on the production of the biodiesel and papers on the evaluation the engine perpormanace using the biodiesel
2
2

regarding the project
HELLO I AM VENKATESH DOING MY FINAL YEAR ENGINEERING IN THE DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING. I AM DOING MY FINAL YEAR PROJECT IN THE FIELD OF BIODIESEL. IF ANYONE HAVE ANY PAPER RELATED TO...
1
1

aluminum tube strength
Also put this on metallurgy -- I'm looking for sources that give equations for calculating the load bearing strength and yield strength of aluminum tube. I found this: strength (psi) = yield * (wall...
4
4

Internship Opportunity
Where: NAWCAD Patuxent River, MD When: 2008 Summer What: One internship opportunity for a US minority student (MS/PhD) Area: Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering interested in detailed modeling of...

question on dilbert cartoon
dear ng, during a course I saw a dilbert cartoon where mom and child go to doctor, child repairing electrogram, and at the end doctor says 'he'll be an engineer' somebody can tell me which dilbert...
2
2

Call for Papers Reminder (extended): The 2008 International Conference of Mechanical Engineering ICME 2008
CFP: The 2008 International Conference of Mechanical Engineering (ICME 2008) From: IAENG - International Association of Engineers Draft Paper Submission Deadline (extended): 22 March, 2008...

Recommended CAD software for a beginner?
I've just started a new engineering project, and I would like to use MCAD software this time around (I used Visio on the last major project, if you can believe it). I'm a software guy (25 years), and...
5
5

Checking of Structural Steel Prefabrication Shop Drawings
My name is pohmichael and am located in Singapore and can be contacted on my Mobile: +65 98153257 or by emailing to: I can successfully checked structural steel prefabrication shops drawing towards a...

Mechnical/Mfg Engineer Opportunity- DFW, TX
Manufacturing Engineers - 5 positions available: We are looking for well qualified candidates to work with with a superior manufacturer in the DFW area on cost reduction projects throughout their...

DESIGN OF RACK AND PINION
HI, I HAVE TO DESIGN AN RACK AND PINION ARRANGEMENT FOR AN INDUSTRIAL PROJECT. THE RACK AND PINION ARRANGEMENT IS TO BE USED IN THE FIXTURE FOR MACHINING ENGINE CRANK CASE. THE GEAR HAS TO ROTATE FOR...
5
5

Could we just circulate the air in scramjet propulsion?
This is an obvious idea so there must be some reason why it won't work. In scramjet propulsion a big problem is that the airstream is moving so fast it is difficult to achieve complete combustion in...
12
12

horizantal centrifugal casting machine
hello, i need design, working ,principle of horizantal centrifugal casting machine. plz sent it.

suggestions on matlab code for finite element method
Hi,i am doing my B.tech final year.I am doing my project regarding topic "code for 2-D rectangular plate with a circular hole using matlab".Can you please help me.
1
1